The Military Diet Review

1:57:00 AM Roxy Cortes 6 Comments

What is the Military Diet?

The Military Diet is a 3-day diet program that if strictly followed, you will lose up to 10 pounds per week without strenuous exercise. The food combination in the menu is designed to kick start your metabolism and lose weight fast. Ideally, the military diet is 3 days on and 4 days off, and you can extend it as long as you want. 

The best thing about this diet, is that all things in the menu can be easily found in the kitchen. All you have to do is follow the menu strictly per meal or only eat the allowable alternatives. Another thing, this diet allows you to eat ice cream! :)

I am still on the quest of losing the extra weight I gained during my pregnancy and I believe to have  the drive and determination to take on the challenge. 

Day 1: Breakfast

Grapefruit
1 Slice of Toast
2 Tablespoons of Peanut Butter
1 cup Coffee (with caffeine, no sugar, no cream)


Day 1: Lunch

1/2 Cup of Tuna
1 Slice of Toast
1 cup Coffee or Tea (with caffeine)


Day 1: Dinner

3 ounces of any type of meat (mine is chicken)
1 cup of green beans
1/2 banana
1 small apple
1 cup of vanilla ice cream

Yes! Heavenly cup of Vanilla Ice cream. 

Day 2: Breakfast

1 egg (cooked any way you want, mine is scrambled)
1 slice of toast
1/2 banana


Day 2: Lunch

2 slices of cheese
1 egg (hardboiled or cooked any way you want)
5 saltine crackers

Day 2: Dinner

2 hot dogs (without bun)
1 cup of broccoli
1/2 cup of carrots
1/2 banana
1/2 cup of vanilla ice cream

This is my favorite course!
Day 3: Breakfast

5 saltine crackers
1 slice of cheddar cheese
1 small apple

Day 3: Lunch

1 hard boiled egg (or cooked however you like)
1 slice of toast

For me this is the poorest meal, I still felt hungry after eating lunch. 

Day 3: Dinner

1 hard boiled egg (or cooked however you like)
1 slice of toast

At least there's still ice cream. :)

Alternatives:
For Grapefruit - the only substitute for the grapefruit is 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water. Do not substitute orange or any other fruit.
For toast - instead of a slice of bread you can eat 1/2 cup of whole grain cereal, or 1/2 high protein bar, or 1/4 cup of yogurt 
For peanut butter - same amount of almond butter, pumpkin butter. Although I never seem to find any of these in most Philippine grocery. 
For coffee - you can drink tea. Don't use alternative sugars (ex. splenda, etc. )
For cheese - you can use same amount of 
cottage cheese or ham
For egg - you can substitute the egg with a cup of milk or one chicken wing
For ice cream - 1 cup of fruit flavored yogurt or apple juice. But who would want to replace the ice cream anyway?

And the results....drumroll please!!!

The conclusion: I lost 2 lbs and 2 inches on the tummy in just 3 days. Visible fat-loss on the neck and upper arms. Mind you, that's zero exercise for the past 3 days (except for mommy chores). Not much I'd say, but I'm betting repeating the regimen after 4 days and I think being consistent for months will show more promising results.

The hardest part is Day 3, since you will really get the grueling temptation to grab a cracker or two (and I'm glad I've surpassed that test). So yes, I'd say it is effective and will continue to repeat the diet plan next week, but with an hour of running or jogging.

For a more detailed info about the military diet, you can view the official website here.

You Might Also Like

6 comments:

  1. Well, the military diet is a great diet if you want to lose the extra pounds fast! :) I did try it since my sister's wedding is coming up. I decided on it after my friend lost 4 pounds and continued cycling the diet for the next couple of weeks.
    The 2nd day was tough on me. I was irritable and sluggish. I read somewhere that this can happen with low carb diets. However, I drank tons of water to ward of my hunger (but I was still a bit hungry!). Black coffee helped, too.
    I didn't do any strenuous exercise during this diet - only some short, brisk walking to keep active.
    After the diet, I lost around 5 pounds. I plan to do the diet again in a couple of weeks to see if I can still lose some weight.
    Here's a great resource page to help your readers know more. Hope this helps http://3daysmilitarydiet.com/effect/what-is-the-military-diet.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info.
    New Healthy Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog is truly useful to convey overhauled instructive undertakings over web which is truly examination. I discovered one fruitful case of this truth through this blog. I will utilize such data now.
    รอยดําจากสิว

    ReplyDelete
  4. The military diet is currently one of the world most popular Diet for Weight loss.the3-day Military Dietplan helps you lose weight quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wondered upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.
    Military Diet

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wondered upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.
    Military Diet | 3 day Military Diet

    ReplyDelete